Sunday, August 22, 2010

Games Day 2010 Pics

Well, I hadn't planned to go to Games Day 2010, but I happened to win a ticket. Many thanks to Shelexie over at Wanna B Painter. At first I was going to give it to my son go so he could go with his friends, but I decided to go along. It was my first Games Day, and I'm glad I went along. It was a great experience. Next year's Games Day is in Chicago. I imagine that Games Day 2012 will be in Los Angeles. So it will be a while before I get another chance.

Below are some pictures I took. First some generic photos.

Waiting for the doors to open:
A very large Space Marine:

A Witch Hunter:
A Space Marine, the winner of the costume contest:
A Space Ork, not sure if this was an official costume or not:Regrettably, my camera was not doing too well in the hall, so many of the pictures I took didn't turn out very well. This was especially true at the Forge World display. I did however have decent luck at the Golden Daemons display. I couldn't get them all, as the glass cases were unkind to my flash. I'm pretty sure I have these right

First up is the LotR Golden Daemon:

This the the Young Blood winner:

40k 1st place vehicle:
40k second place vehicle:
40k third place vehicle:
40k first place squad:

40k second place squad:
40k third place squad:

40k Large Monster and Slayer Sword winning entry:

8 comments:

  1. Have any bigger pictures of the costumes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey seems like good fun. Wish we had something like that over here. And nice pictures of the models too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @NemFX: Thanks for pointing that out. You should be able to get the full size picture now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you were able to go! The pics look great. Thanks for posting them as it allows me to live a little vicariously. I'm glad someone got to use the ticket =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics, thanks for uploading them. Still, I think that 40k first second and third place squads look better than the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Viruk: When I was taking pictures of those squads, I heard others at the case with the same opinion. Not sure what tipped the judges in favor of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked it. I might have to attend next year since it's in my neck of the woods. It sure is a unique experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's was nice picture... actually I have a toy collection to so good luck !!!

    Procrastination Free Living

    ReplyDelete